The WEJUGO Sustainability Commitments 2030 define the key topics and core principles of the future sustainability strategy of WEJUGO.
With the Sustainability Commitments, we also set ourselves clear targets to be achieved by 2030.
Driving Economic Strength and Innovation
“We will ensure sustainable profitability through the effective management of all processes and resources and the continuing innovation of products and services.”
- We use all resources as efficiently as possible and target to earn a premium on our cost of capital.
- We will spend 80% of our product R&D budget on the development of more sustainable products.
- We are active in Leave No Trace, (add others), and similar organisations in order to drive minimal impact behaviour change and innovation of sustainable products together with our customers.
Reducing our Environmental Footprint
“We are committed to fulfilling our share of the global responsibility to reduce our impacts on land, water, and air, and to keep temperature rise below 1.5°C.
- All our geo-spatial sites are referenced against natural values and based on land-use plans and infrastructure of local authorities and in accordance with the needs of local and recreational communities.
- We aim to include biosecurity recommendations in any new trip plan.
- In the case of nature-oriented travel and trip plans, we aim to achieve a positive impact on the preservation of biodiversity values on our route sites.
- We want to implement a biodiversity management plan at biodiversity conservation sites within or in direct connection to nature conservation areas.
- We aim to reduce impacts on water quality on all trip routes and consumption at all operational sites as far as economically and technologically feasible.
- We aim to implement water management plans on all trip routes
- We will reduce our carbon footprint by choosing renewable energy options.
- We will support the electrification and zero-carbon options across the transport sector
Being a Good Neighbour
“We are committed to supporting the social and economic development of our neighbouring communities and ensuring transparent communication to all our stakeholders.”
- We maintain open and transparent communication about our activities and performance.
- We help improve the level of minimal impact education for local environments and respect for the culture of the host communities that we operate in.
- We offer one day of voluntary community work per full-time employee per year.
Enabling the Circular Economy
“We actively manage our material assets to achieve optimal recycling of materials and minimising obsolescence and improving the after-use management of packaging and consumables.”
Ensuring Compliance and Creating Transparency
“We adhere to international human rights, anti-corruption and labour standards and co-operate pro-actively in an open and transparent manner with all our stakeholders.”
- We ensure compliance with international human rights, anti-corruption and labour standards through internal control and risk management systems, such as internal audits and a whistle-blower process.
- We ensure that our suppliers comply with our Supplier Code of Conduct.
- We ensure that each position is staffed with the most qualified person, independent of gender, origin, beliefs, and/or orientation.
Achieving Excellence in Occupational Health and Safety
“We are committed to continuously enhancing the occupational health and safety conditions of our employees, contractors, and third parties.”
- We will achieve zero fatalities.
- We will achieve zero lost-time injuries
We have aligned our Sustainability Commitments 2030 with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) enacted in 2015 by the UN General Assembly, which have been adopted by all member states. The SDGs aim to protect our planet, end extreme poverty, and fight injustice with 17 goals set out for 2030.
For WEJUGO, supporting the Sustainable Development Goals means fulfilling our share of the global responsibility to tackle the world’s most pressing environmental, social, and economic challenges.